Life of Dan

7.26.2007
I realized that Kristin has dominated our blog thus far, so it was time for me to contribute. By dominate, I mean she posted twice. For those of you who don't know, I've come to enjoy the lifestyle of a "kept man." While I doubt reading and enjoying the 80 degree weather will ever get boring, I have begun the hunt to join a consultant group. So if you're not interested in the happenings of creativity, innovation, and design... umm, too bad, you have to keep reading.

The design movement here began in Palo Alto, where Xerox created multi-disciplinary teams back in the 70s to invent cool stuff. Yup, that's the direction I'm looking for: Go discover cool stuff! If you want facts, it's where the laser printer was invented, the ethernet, graphical user interface, and object-oriented programming. Now that Ben, Brian, maybe Franklin, and maybe my brother are the only people left listening....
The companies I'm looking at are all rather elite - but help develop business strategies with respect to innovation, design, and products. They generally don't hire for specific job openings, but rather hire people who have a broad range of expertise. AND, I have an interview with one next week! Jump - http://www.jumpassociates.com/ I'll post some pictures from my portfolio to keep things exciting.
My pool cue designed and built with lots of TLC.
















Our salt & pepper shakers that I made for Kristin.

















A taste of my photography...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dan those pictures are pretty sweet. I have just one question... how on earth did you get in to KK's brain to take those?

Dan said...

huh?

Knucklepop said...

Jump looks pretty cool, futurists who actually make money...sign me up! Good luck, let us know how it goes!