Where is Rosa when you need her?

11.10.2007
So last month, Ro had to come out from the East Coast to discipline Dan and I into actually posting on the blog, and we did! For like, two weeks. And then Ro went and left the country, anddd it's been what, three weeks since we've written anything? Yeah, so this is, once again, my public statement of "I'm going to try and do better" especially since I recently found out that November is National Blog Posting Month (abbreviated to NaBloPoMo...seriously), in which bloggers are implored to try and post something every day. Clearly, I have 10 days of not really doing this already but...make sure you're sitting down...I'm going to try to post every day for the rest of the month (and maybe I'll browbeat Dan into posting some days too). At least we're not hurting for story ideas since we have three weeks of stuff to catch up on. There was a Las Vegas trip, my birthday, a visit from Dana which included a trip to Napa, a drag show, and some football games. So yeah, it's looking good for the next few days in terms of material.
Today, however, will simply be an update on life. I'm sickly today with some sort of throat ickiness, so I'm not really looking forward to the Cal game that is later today. I know, it's blasphemy really to not be looking forward to a highly anticipated game, nationally televised, you have good seats, etc. However, I'm sick. It is cold. It is probably going to rain. And, as we all know, I'm kind of a whiner when it gets cold. So, please be thinking of Dan today, as he will be getting the brunt of the complaints.

Our kitties are doing well. They have started losing their baby teeth, and looking like cats instead of kitties. But, they're both curled up on the guest bed/couch with me right now, so really I can't complain about that. Anddddd now they're wrestling. Whatever.

Work is going well, I'm starting to get involved with more projects and committees that make me want to stick around and be involved with them through to completion. The students in my unit, however, have very recently begun thinking that what they should do in the evenings is stockpile an enormous amount of alcohol and throw up everywhere. It's awesome. My RAs, especially, are really enjoying it.

In other news, I don't know if you heard about the oil spill in the San Francisco Bay. On Wednesday morning, which was INCREDIBLY foggy - we were actually driving to get Dana from the airport and I couldn't even see the Bay Bridge while we were, you know, on it - a container ship hit one of the Bay Bridge towers and spilled 58,000 gallons of oil into the Bay. It has started spreading into the Pacific and there are 16 local beaches closed, and about 2 dozen birds have died. All the articles about it are talking about the Coast Guard's slow response and blah blah. So, the bad news for California keeps coming.

So, it's time to do a little cleaning, and some tea drinking to contain my cough before I try to mentally psych up to go to the game. Everyone keep cheering for Illinois!

THANK YOU also for all the of the birthday wishes :) More on that to come.

Just for fun:





1 comment:

meghan said...

1. I am glad you posted! I look here multiple times a week, so updates are fun. And while Rosa is amazing, I believe in you and Dan to do this on your own!

2. WHOA! <-- My initial reaction to the picture. What was that, 2 years ago? DP Dough calzones. O-H-I-O football. Merriment. Thanks for the memories!